Adapting the Easy-Graver Sharpener for the Enset Collets

Hi,

I have been working with the Enset system and wanted to use the Easy-Graver sharpener to sharpen with.

So my solution was to drill two 3/32" holes in each side of the collet holder 180 degrees apart in the side of the collet holder. One on the same side as the little nib, and the other on the same side as the little white dot. The hole is located .394 back from the very end of the nib that aligns the GRS collets.

The ball detent snaps into the hole and aligns the collet. I would recommend being very careful with the hole layout and use a drill press. I wouldn't try to hand drill this. If the hole is less than .394 from the end it wouldn't hurt too much but you must be exactly on the centerline of the collet holder itself.

If you get the hole further back than .394, you can take the o-ring off when you sharpen. If you get it just right then the o-ring can stay on.

The 3/32" hole size is critical or the ball detent will be too tight or too loose.

If you know someone with a small mill this definitely will help with the drilling.

The clamp screw on the Easy-Graver works as before to secure the end of the collet, but there's not much there to clamp on. Be sure to check and see how much of the collet extends back into the collet holder to see if the thumb screw will work.

If you look carefully at the second photo you can see the ball down in the 3/32" hole.

Hope this helps the Enset users out there.

Regards,

Matt

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 212
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Hi,

Note that the dimension in the original message has been changed to .394.

Only a machinist would care, but 10mm seems like such a nice round number!

Thanks,

Matt

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ah ! no more new toys for me ! i'm still learning how to use the ones i have. tyvm for the knowledge.

Sponsors