Gravermach AT at second bench?

Bigarmedmike

Hi, I have a gravermach At and I love it. The question I have is, I work with 3 other people one of which is interested in using the Gravermach At although to connect his bench to my machine would need 15m of air hose, and then I could switch him to user 2 when he wanted to use it and he could use the palm control. I had some 6mm tubing here so I hooked it all up to see if it would work and just pressed the foot pedal from my bench before I purchased some 3mm airhose for the Palm control. What I found was there seemed to be a lack of pressure and although there was some vibration from the hand piece there was not enough for it to work correctly. Is this because of the distance from the control box or because I'm using the pedal, would it work if I purchased the smaller 3mm air hose and used the airtact Palm control or is it just that the distance is too great? Iv tried adjusting the pressure on the machine with no joy.
Thanks Mike

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The length of the hose is the issue. The length is quite critical. They can vary a foot or but that is about it. If you were side by side you might even be able to play with the length of hose some but 15m is going to throw it all off.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
The length of your hose is critical, as states 'fegarex', but so is the hose material. The softer stuff, like I have, won't do. The surgical tubing is a bit soft, and will flex. You need something short and stiff, but not too much that you can't move around. There is the 'friction' factor, too, and it's why firetrucks set up as close to the fire as they can. . .water friction, from long hose runs, results at loss at the point-of-use. The shorter and stiffer you can set up, the better. I have to redo my whole set up with the Gravermeister, as I have a problem that can be solved as I stated. You will, most likely, have to do the same.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I doubt larger hose will work as it involves more than volume of air. That particular hose actually transports "pulses" of air so the diameter and length are an issue.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is when you take another look at something like the GraverSmith - good little unit for a second bench. Unless he wants to get his own AT, of course.

Latest posts

Sponsors