Question: West Coast Engravers Confabulation?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Would there be interest in having a West Coast Metalsmiths/Engravers Confabulation this summer or early fall?

North Central California - Stockton, to be exact...

Have the space to comfortably bring in 50+ people. Private park, plenty of parking.

Would definitely need a coupla local volunteers to help set it up and perhaps help with cleaning up the aftermath? I live here alone...

Maybe some help with the food prep?

Ideas? Set up an auction or sale? Seminars?

Other suggestions? Possible dates?

Brian

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, that sounds good, ill be at grs first week of summer, wife only releases the leash ever so often, but let us know some dates, might be able to go.

Saludos,
Carlos

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yea maybe. Come with some dates and itinerary, I am doing one for the Idaho Council on the Arts later in the year and judging an art show in May. I am sure it would be a fun and informative time.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Brian Cool idea, I am about two days away driving, be glad to come down and help you set up or what ever you need. Late summer early fall sounds fine with us, pick a date so we can make plans.....I like the idea of an auction...A list of motels would be helpful....I am getting excited, lets do this....

Bob

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Never having done this kind of thing, I'm kinda working my way into it by first seeing if ya'all think it'd be a good idea...

Then narrowing down a date. Should it be a straight weekend or 3 days?

Figuring out how to organize it and such.

Scott and Ken have had a few go rounds at these group gathereings. I''ll be starting from scratch if we do this.

Brian

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Fantastic idea, I've always wanted to attend the gatherings on the east coast but could never get there because of the long distance. I'm local and would be happy to help you in any way. I'm not a very good organizer but I can cook, setup and help cleanup. Being retired I'm good for any dates you come up with.......JohnR

Bob Pearson

Brian,

I'm in !! I have been waiting since last Nov. for a five day class so I'll take as many seminars as you can present. I would assume that you would have a materials charge for each seminar. I am retired so could accommodate most any time. The two day drive would be definitly doable.

Bob Pearson

Brian,

I'm in !! I have been waiting since last Nov. for a five day class so I'll take as many seminars as you can present. I would assume that you would have a materials charge for each seminar. I am retired so could accommodate most any time. The two day drive would be definitely doable.

Bob Pearson
robertprsn1@gmail.com

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I kinda thought the same...

It also has to be a quality. worthwhile event for those who are willing to travel 2 or 3 days to get here.

So 3 days it is.

Now what to fill the 3 days with?

B.
Beer, Women, and Tequila (in that order).....who seconds the motion?

Saludos,
Carlos

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You'll have to provide 'em Carlos. I've no objection, though a few women who are coming may take you to task?

Took a while - but I did finally evolve with age, been quite a few years in fact...

I don't think you'll have much free time though - you'll be too busy listing all the ""stuff you have yet to collect to "catch up"?

Brian

Last edited:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Troy,

Forgive me if I have forgotten that we've already met and where...

It happens - there's no point in denying it - but if we haven't met, and you've not seen the place - why not hook up sometime late next week or weekend?

Message me and I'll give you the info.

Brian

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Confabulation has quite a few "definitions"... it is indeed a unique word. I do not need to look it up.

I chose it specifically - a very very good friend of mine used to use it often - 40 years ago.

He would have loved to come to sumthin' like this. My way of remembering him.

You get to choose the meaning that suits you.

Doesn't matter to me. I knew what I meant when I used it in this context.

Lonestar got it right...

Brian

Last edited:

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Brian,

Assuming I can negotiate domestic and professional constraints, I'd like to attend. I'll keep looking for updates.

Thanks,
Doug

Latest posts

Sponsors