Unknown engraver at work

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I noticed that Dimas does not grind down the top of his square graver. When I was at the shop of Mario Terzi I saw Manuela Gualdi doing bulino work with a square graver sharpened the same way. In fact when the point dulled, she just rubbed the face on a stone with little concern for the exact angle or any polishing. I think most of us grind down the top of a square graver so we don't have to remove so much metal each time we dress the point and to have a finer point to look at.

Dimas also had an unusual version of St. James Infirmary Blues playing in the background.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
I have seen other engravings by him, he is really good from my view point.....He must have this freehand style branded in his brain to come with something that nice from a few pencil strokes......

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I watched a bunch of his videos. The gentleman certainly can make a significant per hour rate compared to mine. He could keep a second person very busy just prepping his work. Impressive monogram cutting. Some of his other videos have shop built work holders that are quit simple and very easy to build. I don't speak Spanish but could follow along easily. Fred

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
he appeared to be hand pushing in this video, is that correct?

Dimas

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments
Sorry for my translation, the language is one of the reasons to participate even more than what I would like to.
This is one of my first videos, I've already recording close to 28 years,
And some had evolved little,
I've been already a few years with many changes in my workshop, today, already work with tire and also do I heel to my chisels, change is very remarkable, although sometimes the crude router need me, especially for works of crimping.
Living in a Spanish, Valladolid city
and throughout my career has been associated with the work of engraving and crimping for jewelry.
If they need something, do not hesitate to ask me, you know that I am in this great forum.
A greeting.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos,

As I understand it, recorded and engraved are both grabado in Spanish. Is that correct or is there some other word that is preferred for engraved?

Bob Ryder

I found this video very interesting and plan on watching more. its amazing how much you can learn from watching these talented artisans at work. I have not even started yet, but feel I learned a lot from just watching and listening. thanks for sharing

Latest posts

Sponsors