compressor / graver issues

Set the sTone

Hi there, I'm just getting set up with my compressor and gravermax. The air does appear to be coming to the machine but the handpiece isn't doing anything when I press the pedal.
When I first switch it on there are a few 'hammer' noises but then it stops. It's as if the initial surge works but then stops. It does the same when I switch it off.
Any ideas? Is it a leak? The foot pedal sounds a bit hissy but is that normal? The tubes were already attached to the pedal when i took it out the box. I can't feel any air coming from the pedal.
Help please!:(

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is this a new machine? What pressure do you have the machine set to? How about the compressor? Strokes per minute?

Set the sTone

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick. Yes, it's all new. I have set the graver to 3600 strokes per minute and 0.8 bar (12 psi). This was the recommended settings that came with the Monarch airtact handpiece. When I push the pedal down it is vibrating a lot but not hammering. It's the second handpiece I have tried.

Appreciate any advice.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi

Thanks all, looks to be working now. Appreciate your help.

So what was the problem and how did you fix it? Someone surfing in from Google later on will want to know what the solution is. Don't leave us hanging.