Anyone have an old Magnagraver set sitting in a drawer

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
I know most everyone holds a low opinion of them I've been told most just pack them in a junk drawer so clean out your drawer a bit and make a few bucks at the same time. I would like to find the upgraded version with the low speed high torque motor but willing to see what all is out there.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i used the older version for quite awhile. this tool will do just about anything you have the skill to make it do. the only issue i had with it, and a minor one, i began to resent the little drag imposed on the tool by the flex shaft. i'll admit i didn't take the time to mount the motor in an ergonomic way. had i done so, i might still be using it.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I used the Magnagraver for a while between my H&C days and the Gravermeister. It is a good tool and I did some good work with it. When I got the Gravermeister my brother, Carl tried it but he decided to stick with his Magnagraver for quite a few years. He eventually got a Gravermax, then after I got a Lindsay Palm Control he sold the Max and now has three Airgravers.

I don't use my Magnagraver anymore but I can't bring myself to sell it. It is a good tool.

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Lol when I post questions about them most say they are dust collectors. When I try to buy one that is just collecting dust they are a great tool. Roger any chance I can get you to post a simple video of you using the Magnagraver? Carlos I would post this in the for sale section but it wouldn't let me. Forum rules say I can't post something for sale there, well I'm buying not selling, or at least calling the bluff of they are just dust collectors that most have moved on from.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can post anyone can post, you just have to make a donation to help support this forum to keep it running. But this has been covered in other threads and how to post there.

Here you go its a sticky one of the first listed in the sell and wanted section.

How to list your equipment - Classified Ads Terms of Use
http://www.engraverscafe.com/showthread.php?t=41
How to list your equipment - Classified Ads Terms of Use

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Where are you posting these questions about the Magnagraver where people are saying they are dust collectors? I have not seen that here or the Lindsay forum. Many people have engraving tools that become dust collectors because they were purchased thinking that the tool would turn the person into an engraver in short order. When the tool doesn't perform the magic, it is set aside and the owner moves on to another hobby. I have met many people like that.