$4.8M gold heist

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
50,000 reward for a 4.8 million, they must not want that gold back. Insurance agency should offer more.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i got it. i aint selling it till the price comes down. heck, i aint greedy !

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
if anybody is wondering, i had nothing to do with this, so don't be calling me looking for some gold cheap. but if i find it, one of them bars is gonna go unreported...

I've noticed all the gold inlays you've been doing lately... just saying!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Something is very fishy! The truck just happens to break down on an isolated stretch of highway and the robbers just happen to be there when the truck pulls over, then somehow the guards open the doors without a fight. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to smell an inside job.

monk

Staff member
I've noticed all the gold inlays you've been doing lately... just saying!

the truth is-- iv'e done very little inlay work. i have never done any in gold. if i thought my cutting was good enough to justify doing more inlay, i'd surely be doing it.

monk

Staff member
Something is very fishy! The truck just happens to break down on an isolated stretch of highway and the robbers just happen to be there when the truck pulls over, then somehow the guards open the doors without a fight. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to smell an inside job.
you're quite right about that. considering there's lots of folks out there that will whack a person for a mere wallet or purse. all that gold ?? what sort of planning there ? i've done some dangerous work in my younger days, but back then i wouldn't even consider having a job handling all that cash or shiney stuff.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
How on earth would you cash it in though
Spend the rest of your life making gold chains and selling them to the gold buyers?

Black market. With the right connections you could get maybe 30 cents on the dollar. Then there's the foreign black market. Lots of rebel outfits might be willing to deal with you.

I tend to believe that the dudes who pulled off this job did it with inside help which is going to be their downfall. No one in the legitimate jewelry business (trade) is gonna touch ano of that hot gold. Too many law enforcement guys watching every gold transaction.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
not necessarily an inside job. Magnet stick something to the trans or drive train, wait till it's nearing the remote area, remotely set off the magnet device- cause a transmission leak or damaged brake line or something. Vehicle will pull over, guard gets out to check the problem. Jump them. Remove the magnet device to eliminate evidence.

Hollywood does stuff like that all the time in the movies.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
How on earth would you cash it in though
Move to Alaska and get a gold claim.
Melt it down into smaller, rough ingots.
Take it into town once a month and sell off small quantities.
Might take a couple of seasons. Enjoy your Alaskan vacation while you're there.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It happened in Wilson County, North Carolina, and made me wonder, is this how David is financing Ken's Engrave-In?