Rings in deep relief

matthew.townsley

Elite Cafe Member
Always incredible Sam, thank you for showing.
Is such small spaces, are you still using a square graver to relieve the background? Or is that depth achieved with skinnier gravers?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do you ever feel like the graver is getting away from you working in gold. I have trouble with slipping a lot.

I can't believe you can get that high detail in metal so soft. They're absolutely beautiful

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Always incredible Sam, thank you for showing.
Is such small spaces, are you still using a square graver to relieve the background? Or is that depth achieved with skinnier gravers?

I used a EasyGraver 105° and a ball bur for the background removal. My normal procedure...nothing special.

Sam

Staff member
Do you ever feel like the graver is getting away from you working in gold. I have trouble with slipping a lot.

I can't believe you can get that high detail in metal so soft. They're absolutely beautiful

Dani: I don't have trouble with slipping in softer metals, but since they are softer they demand a gentler approach. Steel is much nicer for engraving.

jbrayout

Very pretty, I can't believe the detail. What tools are used to achieve deep relief? Do you use the 105 graver or something that can go deeper without ruining your design?

Sam

Staff member
Very pretty, I can't believe the detail. What tools are used to achieve deep relief? Do you use the 105 graver or something that can go deeper without ruining your design?

A 105 and ball bur. My usual tools.

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work Sam. About 2 hours for you to engrave and 2 months for us mere mortals!
Dan
:biggrin:

Latest posts

Sponsors