Benches and studios

Magnus Jensen

One thing that would be fun is to see would be studio´s and benches from the members of this site. We have seen some examples here and there in some threads/post´s. And except from the fun part of seeing others "playground" it can give others good examples of how to make use of the space and even better ergonomics that will make the work even more fun and effective.
So here is my benches, yeas I use two benches, one side is the "cave" for more traditional work when I feel like it. And the other side is more up to date.
And if anyone thinks "this bench is to tidy" this is the way I like it, I can´t work if the bench is to messy.
I am no control freak but I like nicely shaped tools and the bench in order.

Attachments

• magnus_bench.jpg
    magnus_bench.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,576

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Benches

Hi,
I have two benches that I use with engraving setups. First strictly engraving, second
is setting and general jewellery work.

Attachments

• desk1a.jpg
    desk1a.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,188
  • desk2a.jpg
    desk2a.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,014
  • desk3a.jpg
    desk3a.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,995

msar24

Here's my bench. I wouldn't call the work area a studio or even a shop. It's a 10'x24' shed where I had enough room for the bench. Having been a power plant operator and mechanic I used what I had available for a bench. This is one of my welding tables. I made my own adjustable table for the vise based on the drill press idea. Didn't get a chance to paint it (yet). Gotta get the shed insulated so it's not over 100ºF during the summer.

Attachments

• BE 001 (Small).jpg
    BE 001 (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,071
Dave Jacobson

This is my bench. Its 1/2" steel plate. I made it similar to the one I used at school. But I made plenty of room for my work to pass under the table.
The wood desk is at the GRS school in Kansas.
http://www.santacruziron.com

Attachments

• eng tab 005.jpg
    eng tab 005.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,042
  • eng tab 001.jpg
    eng tab 001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,975
  • eng tab 003.jpg
    eng tab 003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,824
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My picture became so small I tried so hard to make it in an acceptable size, but as everybody can see I am no good with the computer.:mad: :mad:
If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Magnus: Email me the full size photo and I'll scale it for you. / ~Sam

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Oh, go ahead and post it Sam. Personally I find overly tidy benches suspect.
Besides, wasn't there a thread, something about "a tornado hit my bench"?

Success = Turmoil, in my book.

Don Cowles

Elite Cafe Member
Well, here's mine...

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I posted this on another thread but in case you missed it.
I was kidded about the neatness. After 20 years of a "messy" bench I decided to do some remodeling a few years ago and things organized better. I keep it this way now with the exception of a lot stuff laying around after a large engraving job. It only takes a few minutes to clean up however. Also, I really like the light colored countertop. I used to have the usual gray but found things would "hide" on me. Now... DON'T ask to see me office desk!! That's a different story!!!

rodstan

The Australian version of a tornado hit my bench!
Combination bench for engraving , clock repairs and everything else. There is another similar one in an outside "studio" for the bigger machinery. The scope setup etc is used for many uses and is adapted for engraving as required. Picture shows setup for engraving/ sculpting a jade panel. I promised my wife it would all be tidy by Xmas.(Ho Ho Ho)
Rod
Adelaide
South Australia

Attachments

• RIMG0012.JPG (Small).JPG
    RIMG0012.JPG (Small).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,296
  • RIMG0014.JPG (Small).JPG
    RIMG0014.JPG (Small).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,170

rodstan

About 15 in the interchangeable collection, all classics, don't wear battery watches--they have no soul.Only two parts of the day I worry about , night and day, accuracy doesn't matter.Oh yeah, tomorrow follows yesterday,thats very important becuause I don't know where today went.
Regards
Rod

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Rex, I think Rod HAS to wear a watch. Every clock on the wall reads a different time. :eek: :confused: :D

Cody

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wondered that after I asked the question.
At least with all the clocks with different times, he can be on time!

msar24

Maybe each clock is for a different time zone. That way it's the right time for everything somewhere in the world - Quitting time, tea time, beer time...