practice

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice! shawn your an inspiration, you actually inspired the current design I'm working on will show it pretty soon

Saludos,
Carlos

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We always say it's the shading that brings a design to life, and your progress pictures are showing that.

However, I think they also show just how much 'pop' you get from a relieved(?) and stippled background. That stark contrast is just so stunning. You'd think that was what was giving the design the life.

But when you look a bit more closely you can see how much better the areas with completed shading look. The unshaded looks good, but the fully shaded bits look alive (especially with your great fine line shading).

:thumbsup::clapping::tiphat:

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Great video Shawn. Only thing that might be confusing to a newbie, is your use of the word parallel. Parallel lines intimates two lines that never intersect and are equidistant from each other. I know exactly what you are trying to convey. The lines follow the same curvature and if followed far enough , would eventually end up in the same place. Thanks for posting this and breaking scrolls down into their basic pieces. It still remains a challenge to me to get these simple lines structures together to create the kind of creative designs you and others display on this sight. More practice is needed. Thanks again for taking the time to create this video.
Regards
Don

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don
it is difficult to describe how the structure lines work together.
maybe they should mirror each other in a graduating decline toward their point
of origin.
does that make sense?
I am planning on making a video about drawing scroll elements from start to finish.

i will do another video explaining how to shade. the
leaf elements.

Last edited:

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Don
it is difficult to describe how the structure lines work together.
maybe they should mirror each other in a graduating decline toward their point
of origin.
does that make sense?
I am planning on making a video about drawing scroll elements from start to finish.

i will do another video explaining how to shade. the
leaf elements.

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks.
Regards
Don