how do i work?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Going to need a third set up soon, one drawing backbones, the other cutting backbones.

i get frustrated, but then i stop and think, in the luckiest boy in the world.

Saludos,
Carlos

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the kids will soon outperform you. you'll be out on the street looking for work. so you better be careful. i thought the same might happen to me. fortunately my daughter discovered boys. my son discovered girls. thank the lord, my work is secure.

MexicanEngraver

Elite Cafe Member
hola carlos, me hiciste recordar cuando yo inicie en el arte del grabado, como sugerencia trata de trabajar con la luz natural del día, yo trabajo junto a una ventana, creo que de esa forma mi vista se esfuerza menos

monk

Staff member
carlos: i took a second look at your shop. is that a miniature bandsaw ? it seems to be at the right side of the green flag.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dam, have to type this twice, wrote it and it did not post...

Sure is its a Milwaukee heavy duty portable steel band saw, and a Swag off road custom table to help it sit vertical, its a fraction of the cost a full size, small foot print and works great, the idea comes from the knife making world they use it to cut all types of hard steels with them its a true work horse, the blades are very cheap also, i added a press on, depress off foot pedal, it also has a led light that comes on when I press the foot pedal, just make sure you get the right table for your saw as there are 4 generations to choose from, if i remember correctly.

You can get some good used portable band saws on ebay but your MMV.

Good Eye Jay, Good eye

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
i'd really be interested in seeing a closeup foto or 2.i have recently purchased 2 different bench model bandsaws to cut pendant shapes. never used them though, as the things were so cheaply made, i took em back before i even got a chance to use them. i need to find a way to rapidly cut pendants without resorting to the jewelers saw. any help here would be highly appreciated.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i'd really be interested in seeing a closeup foto or 2.i have recently purchased 2 different bench model bandsaws to cut pendant shapes. never used them though, as the things were so cheaply made, i took em back before i even got a chance to use them. i need to find a way to rapidly cut pendants without resorting to the jewelers saw. any help here would be highly appreciated.

Sure will, won't be till sunday tho, I'll make a video for you. Forgot to mention its variable speed

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
thanks for a very interesting link. i always try to advise newbies to buy the best. in this case ,i'll not do the right thing. my need is for a single purpose saw or cutting system. if i were to get into a production type situation, i'd not hesitate to get one of these.
i've always had stellar results from ryobi tools. that is until i bought their bench model band saw. nice, well made, handy as heck, and a very good price. problem was the blade guide blocks. made out of some kind of cast junk metal. the one block wasn't even threaded properly to adjust the block.i could go on. thanks for the info.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

That's why I have a jewelry press now. All you need is a pancake die and you can pop out a shape in less than a minute. You do have to clean off the little tab, but that's a pretty quick process. There are two threads from past summer about presses, mine and the one where a couple of our more experienced and knowledgeable members posted plans for a better, safer press. Go with the second one.

Latest posts

Sponsors