GRS 003 Dual angle sharpening fixture

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I'm not associated with GRS and I have never used a Lindsay system but I know how it works. I use the GRS dual angle system and almost all my gravers are mounted in the quick change collets. In the past I have had a couple of different type systems. I used to spend more time sharpening than engraving. One day I said enough of this. I can't imagine downgrading to another system now. I want to engrave not play with tools all day.
In my opinion the Lindsay system would be good for somebody starting out with hammer and chisel and just doing his own stuff and a few outside jobs. Personally I would need too many templets to be able to do what I do.
In conclusion it is a good system for some people but for a full time professional engraver I would recommend the GRS dual angle system over all else. I might want their special tool for doing 120° gravers also.
So there is a market for both. I don't care about the cost because my clients can afford it.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jerry Thanks for the reply You make a lot of valid points....I can see there are different levels of expertise here who have different needs...I am a serious hobbyist, my needs are way different than most folks on this forum......You and several other professionals have expressed a profound liking for the GRS tool systems which has led me to believe that for me personally, I will use these two sharpening systems to help me obtain the perfect bit conformation for the job....

Bob