May be of interest?

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just getting prepared for when the "zombies" come to see me

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Once upon a time, I wanted to by some gold for inlay from Hoover & Strong. They wanted me to set up an account and required my social security number... just to buy a few feet of wire. I refused to give my SSN and asked why they needed that personal and highly exploitable info. They said it was to track large sales to thwart money laundering for drugs.

I wrote them off as idiots and bought wire elsewhere. The end.

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, they wanted either your SS or EID..... my response was the same.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc

Those are great rounds. They're a semi-joke version of their extremely good self-defense rounds which were created from their devastating hunting rounds. The 'Zombie' versions have green plastic vs. the normal red, a funny box, and often a slightly cheaper price because they sell more - when I worked selling guns folks who didn't own guns would buy a box as a conversation piece (before the great ammo crisis, of course).

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc

Those are great rounds. They're a semi-joke version of their extremely good self-defense rounds which were created from their devastating hunting rounds. The 'Zombie' versions have green plastic vs. the normal red, a funny box, and often a slightly cheaper price because they sell more - when I worked selling guns folks who didn't own guns would buy a box as a conversation piece (before the great ammo crisis, of course).

I had to put a few boxes in my ammo cabinet just for the novelty of them. I bet that gimmick made Hornady a few $$$. But, ya never know... we may very well will be attacked by "zombies" some day so we may as well be ready. :)