Engraved Lincoln cent

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
obverse-sm.jpg

reverse-sm.jpg

I've enjoyed engraving copper pennies and I think this is around the 5th one I've done.

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
So here I am at work reading through the forum, taking a long gander at what you have done here. Hmm... I have a penny in my pocket... Just for fun I encourage all of you to take a penny out and take a good look with the naked eye just for comparison. Your work it bewildering and incredible. Thanks for sharing Sam.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
So here I am at work reading through the forum, taking a long gander at what you have done here. Hmm... I have a penny in my pocket... Just for fun I encourage all of you to take a penny out and take a good look with the naked eye just for comparison. Your work it bewildering and incredible. Thanks for sharing Sam.

Glad you like it :) They're fun to do and engraving in miniature certainly present a challenge, both design-wise and control-wise. It's a good skill builder and really forces me to cut lightly with more precise control than I experience with larger scale work.

Maybe we should have a contest again. We had one back in 2007.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
so nice, i like this very much. i don't think old abe ever really looked this good. how did you ever get an "09" in such good shape ? it's cool to turn a penny into major bucks !

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad you like it :) They're fun to do and engraving in miniature certainly present a challenge, both design-wise and control-wise. It's a good skill builder and really forces me to cut lightly with more precise control than I experience with larger scale work.

Maybe we should have a contest again. We had one back in 2007.
I think i know where this is going, ive read it in the old threads, im goingnto have to do the ten commandments on a grain of rice to beat you Sam, but that will probabaly never happen.

Saludos,
Carlos

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
I love it. I love to carve/engrave the Lincoln cent also. I am going to try something similar and see how it turns out. I don't have any experience with scrollwork but I think it will be great practice. Thanks for showing it.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work Sam, beautiful. I like what you said about cutting lightly, something I need practice at for sure.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That looks eerily similar to the penny Brian Hachstradt engraved for practice at GRS Beginner engraving class with Rex. Brian has come a long way since that class.

Bill

mrthe

Outstanding Sam!!! your Pennyes are unbeliveble i really love them!
Masterpiece!!!

mrthe

thank you to you for share the pics ,a great pleasure for my eyes this is a great Classy coin, US mints have to considere strat minting them!!!! ( in this way i will have a change to put one on my collection hehehe)

Latest posts

Sponsors