Part Two Engraving Guitar Turntable shelf

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Well It's not a guitar but it sort of looks like one...What it is is a turntable shelf and leveling bracket bolted to the bottom of a very heavy duty drawer. It has a rear outrigger with a jackscrew for leveling when the 36lbs of turntable and vise are on it. The shelf has a 4 inch drop....The way I had it before the setup was just to high.....If I remember right, in a post, Mr Hands said his turntable was right in his crotch. That gave me an idea to drop mine down were I have it now, the thing I noticed is my arm height is much more comfortable and level with the work. Here are some pics of before and after..

Bob

Attachments

• 100_5841.jpg
    100_5841.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_5842.jpg
    100_5842.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_5843.jpg
    100_5843.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_5816.jpg
    100_5816.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 227

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
If the set up works for you, that's great! It wouldn't work for me. The opening between drawers of the desk is too narrow, and it appears to be a sure thing of smashing your knees into the shelf itself. That's why, when I get done with my new bench, it'll consist, at least for the top, of an 8' length of bowling alley. The entire front will be open. The chair appears to be comfortable enough, but the upward curved armrests may press against the forearms, and not ergonomically suitable for long term use. Benches are always a 'signature' item, as no two of us are the same. Sometime, it takes a long while to get things just right.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Well Ron, Since I am the user I find it works just peachy keen......Thanks for your criticism....When you get your bowling alley set up lets see some pictures....

Bob

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
aside from how nice your setup is, if you're comfortable working with it, there will be nothing better !

Latest posts

Sponsors