Hand engraved National Guitar

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Ok. I finally finished and I am back from the NAMM show in Los Angeles. Last year National Guitar started talking to me about engraving a new style Guitar they were working on which was going to be their 20,000 guitar. This was one of my biggest projects. I had to keep who I talked to about this project at a minimum because they wanted it to be a surprise for the 2015 NAMM show. This was a real priviledge for me. I thought I'd post a few pictures. Also if you go to my web site. www.mdengraving.com. Under videos you can watch a documentary on the making of this guitar. I'm a little bit in it showing some of my engraving on this guitar. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bill,Your engraving on the guitar makes me want to wine a little and feel good,nice work.:thumbsup: J.J.

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Great job Bill ! A lot of visual impact!

And video is amazing too
Wow :clapping:

[video=youtube;3NeW8RXIkfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeW8RXIkfU[/video]

My respect :tiphat:
Evgeni

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work and beautiful guitar.Enjoyed the video. I am currently making 6 three string cigar box guitars, one for each of my grand daughters. They sure don't look like the one in the video, but the process of making the neck and fret board is the same. Three done and three to go. The blues music in the video sounds like it could have been done on a cigar box guitar. May engrave the kids names on a brass plate and add them to the guitar headstocks.
Thanks for posting .
Cheers
Don

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that is right out front in this, the space age ! cool comes to mind.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Everyone again thanks for all your comments and Chris D I owe you allot of gratitude for your help over the years ( 1st engraving class was with you at GRS in 2001 ) and the time on the phone talking to me and giving me your In site on projects I have been working on. You probably don't know this but I believe that allot of my out of the box creativeness comes from you I also have to credit others on this site for your sharing I am working on a Brass Banjo arm rest it will be different I'm trying some out of the box ideas to make it unique I will start posting pics soon. Thanks again all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: