1st engravings and having a ball

Tripe

These are my 1st attempts and am having a ball. They aren't very good yet, but I am still trying to learn. I find it easy to spend hours doing this and love it. Thank you for looking and I hope that the attachments actually show up in this post as I have never posted anything either. Another learning curve.

Attachments

• Goblin 2.jpg
    Goblin 2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 1st scroll.jpg
    1st scroll.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 323

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
interesting "firstie". thanks for joining and sharing what you do. you are about to go on a very fascinating journey.enjoy !

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Where did you buy the buckles? I'm having a hard time finding decent blanks to engrave on since GRS & Indian Jewelry Supply quit selling them.

Tripe

Thanks to all who have replied. I am kind of teaching myself after reading all the material I can and looking at what others have done. Thanks for the kind words and comments. These are 1/8 steel plates. I went to a local place that sells steel/metal and purchased enough steel to cut them into 12 pieces that are 2X3.5 for about 8 dollars. Also bought a lot of the scrap they had lying around, they almost gave the scrap pieces to me. The good thing is I can engrave both sides and will save them to have something to look at a bit later and compare my work as I go along. Hopefully it will get better. This is kind of addicting as you can certainly loose hours before you know it.

jkoper

Thank you for posting your plates. Its hard for me as a beginner to look at some of the awesome work on here and not get frustrated with my own.I really like your attitude, I sometimes loose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be fun. Your plates look great and I look forward to seeing more.

Jim

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
It is all hard work and practice, READ EVERYTHING. If you are having fun thats the best yet, the most fun is yet to come. To me it has all become more fun everyday, when ever I learn something hard the fun goes up. Be patient.

scott99

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Tripe,I like your second plate,your of to a good stat just keep practicing and it will all fall together for you. J.J.

Sponsors