Sage Grouse

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
I was fortunate enough to be able to be at the FEGA show and have come back inspired and motivated, definitely worth the trip for anyone considering on going... this is my second try with Bulino, still working on the background.

001.jpg

D Fulwood

Outstanding! Do you put paint or something in the dots or lines? I've been trying it but mine looks pale, low contrast, even like a photo negative. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I know yours looks like you've got it right. Very talented.

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
That looks beautiful. Great subject and nice cutting. I have often wondered why the sage grouse does not get used as a subject more often. As a kid in central Nevada about all we had in terms of upland game was "sage chickens" and Chukars.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words and comments!

Outstanding! Do you put paint or something in the dots or lines? I've been trying it but mine looks pale, low contrast, even like a photo negative. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I know yours looks like you've got it right. Very talented.
I used Rustoleum paint for the scrolls and just a tiny drop of oil on the grouse, other than that it's lighting and the angle you look at it as it was explained by Katherine Plummer and others because I wondered the same thing.

Latest posts

Sponsors