FEGA Convention Suggestions

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
1. With all the amazing work it would be nice if we could issue a separate publication after the convention showcasing the multitude and quality of works in so many genres. I'm sure many people would be willing to purchase this as a separate publication.
2. It would be nice to start a who's who in engraving based on business cards perhaps submitted in a location of the engravers café. It would be nice to have it all in one place for those that would like to participate.

Last edited:

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that sounds like a fun idea. Maybe Barry could give some thoughts as to logistics. It would be an undertaking and I'm sure Andrew already has his hands full with the regular publication duties.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Will be very interesting to see the result, thanks for advance

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We usually highlight some of the stuff from the show in ENGRAVER, and our advertising.
Someday we may do something like that, but it would be many years away.
Good suggestion though!

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think the idea of a separate publication for the displayed work sounds good--in theory.
I know next to nothing about publishing, but in order to make it work financially, you need super-duper great photos (and it isn't worth pursuing unless it's "over the top" in quality) and you need numbers (buyers). Small numbers translate to higher costs per each one.
Our sphere of comradery is tiny, somebody would have to do the leg-work and nobody works for free for very long.
I think a better pursuit is to have our members join us in Vegas, see for themselves and bring their own camera.
Heck, I'll even use their camera and take a picture of them holding one of my guns.