FEGA in Las Vegas 2015

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For what it's worth, the fellowship is just beyond description.
It was a pleasure to meet those new faces and to meet up with old friends.
Hey folks----this is where you need to be.
Put it on your list for next year. Make it a "Must Do". You won't be sorry.
We can gripe about the price of coffee, lousy internet connections or cab fare, but set that aside and please make it to Vegas, if only to visit us at our tables.
We have so much to share, freely and willingly.
Everyone is welcome with open arms.
You'll never regret it.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would also like to add that Brian Powley is a hell of a nice guy. Bumped into him by the elevator on the way to bed. Must of chatted with him for well over a hour, overcoming my fatigue and getting a second wind, lost track of time. These are the kind of natural, genuine conversations that spring up all the time at the FEGA convention when you lavish in the luxury of being around people that share your eccentricities and common interests.

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Mary and I have been home for a few of days now and getting over the jet lag. After the show we strolled around Vegas, visited the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and then it was off to Disneyland. What a blast. The sight seeing was truly amazing and the magic of Disney was something to behold. Mary wore Minnie Mouse ears the whole time we were there following the old adage that when in Disneyland, do as the Mouse does. We couldn’t stop laughing the whole time we were there :)

The FEGA Show………It was FANTASTIC!!!!! It was great visiting with all our old friends and meeting new ones. The show had everything you could imagine and some of the engraving work was just simply to die for. I would encourage anyone interested in hand engraving to attend weather you are a FEGA member or not. There was so much to see and talk about and techniques to discuss. Every one of these shows is a true inspiration and makes you want to do better at the work bench.

The BOD work really hard during the year and at the show to make it happen……….But the real credit goes to those exhibitors, members and friends of the Guild that turn up and participate. This makes it a successful show for everyone including the general public that visit our show.

So a huge thank you to everyone that generously helped out, rolled up their sleeves and got the business done for the Guild. And to all the exhibitors, FEGA members, auction donators friends of the guild and public that came to the show and shared their engraving, spirit, friendship, techniques and inspiration. It was truly awesome.

The next issue of the FEGA Engraver magazine will have photos of all the award winning guns along with write-ups about the show itself and some extra photos.

If you have never attended a FEGA show then I would encourage you to attend and participate. The old rule still applies. The more you put into something, the more you get out of it.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Disney-1.jpg
    Disney-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Grand-Canyon-1.jpg
    Grand-Canyon-1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 95

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew, I'm sure you were the perfect tour guide. And just a word for Minnie Mary.... Meowaaaarri! (right?). It was great to have you around, for sure, and ya'll come back soon. Tell all the Kiwis Fred says howdy.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm a bit late with the posting here due to having to get ready for the Tucson gem show right after the FEGA show, but I wanted to thank the board, Betty and everyone who made this years show possible. It really was a great show and a great time!

Thanks also to Rex and Barry for their demonstrations on Monday. It was great they could step in for FEGA and they gave informative and interesting demos.

Can't wait to get back there next year!

Latest posts

Sponsors