FEGA in Las Vegas 2015

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just got home from Las Vegas.
The F.E.G.A. Exhibition was fantastic.
It was nice to put the faces with the names, meet up with old friends and just get immersed in our craft.
A big Congratulations to the newest Master Engravers:
Richard Hambrook, Otto Carter and Bert Edmonston.
FYI----There were a few VIP's that wandered through our displays. Big Shots in the firearm industry (No pun intended)
We are being noticed so make plans for next year to attend.
The seminars on Monday were great.
Thank you Rex Pederson and Barry Lee Hands!

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad you had a good time, who are the big shots? What did the seminars cover?

Congratulations to the New Master Engravers!:D

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
It was great visiting with you Brian, and all the old and new friends. Don't forget the gitter www.lmii.com.

Carlos, Frank Brownell was there and he is a grand sponsor of FEGA and I am sure there were others I just don't know.

Good crowds and lots of outstanding engraving plus our social events kept the show moving rapidly.

I took photos of all the award winners in the contests and Andrew now has them for the next The Engraver.

There were at least three of us wearing JakeW's Engraver Til Death T-shirts during the gathering.

This was my 36th event attendance!! I rue the day I will have to miss one.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Sam...It was great visiting. I've already been to http://www.lmii.com/. Thanks for the info.
Not only was Frank Brownell there, but so was my good friend Jerry Danuser, President of "CounterCoil".
Bob Coyle of Talo Distributors came by the exhibition and somebody from the TV show Pawn Stars was there. (I don't watch TV, so I don't know his name.)
Those are just a few off the top of my head.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Last year Tom Sellec attended the show. I don't know if he was there this year. But it's not uncommon to see folks like him at the show.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tom Sellec was there but I did not see him over by our section. Only spoke with him breifly in the hall concerning a mutual friend. Divid Pedersoli was there at my neighbors table talking for quite a while. Not sure who else as i was in a perscription drug fog most of the time. But it was a fantasic show. The engraved guns were amazing. Sorry for not being able to cruise around as mush as I would have liked to. Hope everyone made it home safe
PS Don't eat shrimp lo-mein at the banan leaf cafe

SamW

Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Being in the fog of illness is not fun Marty but it was greatn to visit with you and see that beautiful Galazan shotgun you engraved! A couple more notables were Steve Fjestad, publisher of American Engravers-21st Century, and Wayne LaPierre of the NRA. I didn't notice any of the "NY weather forecasters" there (hehehe as Ron Smith says). By the way Ron and Liz arrived much to the happy surprise of all of us!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My wife and I had a great time. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to our three new Masters.:tiphat:

Some others who visited FEGA were Steve Fjestad, President of Blue Book Publications, Mathias Rechtenwald, editor of Visier magazine (the Guns & Ammo of Germany), long time gun writer, Rick Hacker, and author, R. L. Wilson. There was also an editor of a Chinese knife magazine taking pictures, but I won't try to spell his name. There were also officers of numerous gun collecting organizations there.

I could go on but you get the point. The Antique Arms show (and by extension FEGA) is the one place that the who's who of the classic gun world gathers every year. See and be seen!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Eveyone will agree that the 1873 sideplates Sam was working on was far beyond outstanding and when he finally displays the finished gun we might just as well pack up and go home. I Was in awe

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thoroughly enjoyed it and encourage those not able to attend to start making plans for next year.

I'm with Marty as we wait eagerly for Sam's masterpiece. Among the extraordinary pieces- in no particular order- were the award winners; Jerry Huddleston, Marty Rabeno, C.J. Cai, Barry Lee Hands, and Rich Hambrook. Did I leave anyone out? My sincere apologies if I did. And many others that were also outstanding.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I want to say right here and now that I am very proud to be a member of FEGA. I attended the FEGA show in Los Vegas and I was deeply moved/impressed by what a fine, quality organization FEGA is. The convention was spectacular. I was in awe of the quality of the engraved/carved/scrimshawed, etc. artwork that was on display. It was nice to be able to hold these engraved pieces, and feel their visual/tactile impact up close and personal. To meet the many talented individuals that participated in, and attended the show was a real treat. There are a number of young people showing some interest in engraving, and there work demonstrated their incredible potentials as engravers, to offer bright hope for the future of a new and reenergized FEGA membership as well. I got to talk to some of the best engravers in the country, who were so friendly, and generously willing to share their engraving passions. The engraving seminars of Rex Pederson and Barry Lee Hands were most informative. Rex and Barry demonstrated their version of scrolls. Barry also gave us an amazing exhibition of his gold wire inlay techniques. The show and tell of members work exhibited some of the breadth and scope of raw talent that is that is to be found in such abundance within FEGA membership. This was a humbling experience for me, but at the same time it was quite inspiring as to what can be accomplished through artistry, craftsmanship, personal integrity, staying power, focus and determination. It was a real/rare special occasion for me to be to talk to FEGA members, many who actively participate in the Engravers Café quite regularly. My long talk with Ron Smith was completely engaging, and full of Ron's humble, yet enlightening wisdom. What a fantastic individual Ron Smith is, completely generous in his time, knowledge and passion for engraving. I spent my time at this convention amongst some of the friendliest, nicest people you'll ever meet. The conversations were stimulating. So many people in the same room who share a common interest, mindset and outlook provides an unequaled, unmatched opportunity for kinship and friendships that will last for many years to come. I highly recommend such an experience for those who were unable to attend. Next year, may be your year to discover how wonderful all this can be, set in the backdrop of Los Vegas, who could an ask for a more spectacular place to envision what is possible. We are reminded here that we are only limited by our imaginations, to fully realize what can be achieved. Why are inspirations like a battery recharged, adding energy and confidence, and making people prove, that with the right encouragement, you will often find, the hidden potential you always had, climbs out of your bones, and becomes a sight of the mind and not the body alone?

Last edited:

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My good friend fancy gun. It wasn't the Shrimp lo mein. It's the flu. I thought I got sick from a sandwich from the ABC store also but then my wife got sick and Ron Smith and his wife also. For that I missed the seminars. The pawn shop guy was at my table for about 20 minutes and Pedersoli was at Robert evens table next to me discussing some modifications he might do on his shotguns. It was very good show.

JJ Roberts

I had a great time with my fellow engravers at the FEGA event and it was exciting to see the talented young engravers that I meet,also spent time at the two gun shows never left the hotel.Keep up the good work.:thumbsup: J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors