need help will pay for lessons in de/md/pa area

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
most, if not all those lurking on the forum know the desire to make things happen in an instant. this never works well. doing this work requires a lot of time and patience to "get it right". ask any one- they'll likely tell you to slow down, and take things one-step-at -a-time. you will actually enjoy the journey by taking the time to do so.

Sam's video was my first serious attempt at good sharpening. The GRS fixture will make the job simple. I live in Elmira, Ny. If you can get here sometime I would be happy to spend a Saturday at my engraving bench. I have attended engraving classes taught by Jesse Houser and John Schippers. I have also used the internet to further develop my knowledge and skill.

Bring along some of your tools and we can sharpen some, I can show you how I use the quick change system between H&C and pneumatic tools. I could also teach you how I learned to do transfers and practice cutting engraving designs. I have spent a lot on travel, lodging and training. I think I can teach you something, but soup and a sandwich is about all you should expect to pay for anything I can pass on to you. Save your money, plan a working vacation around an Engraving class.

Good luck and good engraving in the future.

John Cantrell

Latest posts

Sponsors