some Ti forging and stone setting

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes I know this one doesn't show much of and engraving but Ti forging and stone setting, but I wanted to share this with you. :biggrin:

As a request I forged this “Bigâ€￾ titanium ring that had to hold this particular stone. My thanks to Lola for the many hours of hammering the Ti
Big of course is relative but it is the biggest ring I made in 30 years. The light weight of the Ti maker this ring perfect wearable.

arnaud

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I guess if the customer wants to give you money... you have to make what they want. And, Lola did a good job of it. But, I hope you don't mind me saying... that ring is about the most butt ugly ring I've seen in a long time. :eek:

Just keep saying, "The customer is always right" :)

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lola did a good job of it. But, I hope you don't mind me saying... that ring is about the most butt ugly ring I've seen in a long time

I had a good laugh on this honest answer of Doc, in fact it isn't a ring very pleasant to the eye.
But I notice the technical effords to getting this job done the right way the customer likes it and don't underestimate the trouble of getting a stone fixed like this.
Some times customers coming up with the most strange items and asking for something beautiful out of your hands because you are the artist who can achieve anything of beauty out of crap...though???

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc, yes the customer is always right.
Brian, yes in Dutch it is called “slakken quarts” so the translation (Druzy quartz?) probably is right.
Yes Monk, it is an unique design and whether or not you like it, seems more woman like it than you would expect.
Thanks Sam, indeed me and Lola can work well as a team.
Willem, yes I did my best to make a solid ring for that stone that you never would expect in a ring, even when it is a ugly one for some of us. Still some people like the texture of that stone and the ring itself. Anyway it will be an eye catch one.
Fred, the reason I did set the stone like this has to do with the budget as well, it isn’t a cheap ring but I didn’t have a blanco check neither.
Dan, you could be right, hard for me to know all the names both in Dutch and US English
arnaud

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
On the serious side, I would like to do something like that with odd shaped fire agate
Are your post drilled and welded in place?

Latest posts

Sponsors