Help, please: System 3 questions

Ninja

Good Morning!
Friends,
I am Ricardo Yamada,
Jeweler in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
I am deepening my knowledge in Recording Arts.
I already have the First Doubt:
I bought this Pneumatic Hammer, as GRS System 3 model, but found nothing about it.
The tools are secured by thread apparently 7/64'm not sure?
Could anyone tell me something about the equipment?

Attachments

• 20150122_122612.jpg
    20150122_122612.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 20150122_122546.jpg
    20150122_122546.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 231

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you could contact grs online or by phone.... someone there would surely know.

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
look at the GRS website! looks like you're missing the quick change tool holders the parts list and instruction manual are both on the site on PDF let us know how this thing works will ya!

Hi Ricardo:

I've had my system 3 for a few years now. Something appears different on you hand-piece. Maybe someone mixed components from some other unit. It should have quick connect end with a tab positions the quick change tool holders. Unless the round end pulls out of the holder revealing the tab, I can't tell from the photo. I bought my system to try pneumatic assisted engraving. I have since decided to get much better with hammer and chisel. I still use the qc tool holders and handles. When my H&C work is good enough I may try to use the system 3 again. When I use it the cuts seem smoother/cleaner/brighter.

I bought the heaver piston and have experimented with the three springs and different air pressure settings. It doesn't have as much range and control of the other systems I've had the chance to try at a couple of engraving classes could schedule and attend.

Like the others have said your best bet would be to contact GRS they can probably sort it all out and get parts to you to return the hand piece to full function.

If you think will be changing setting a lot you may want to invest in a better system.

good luck, and good engraving
JohnC

Ninja

Thank you very much!
This system is not quick coupler, it really is by thread.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a model 775 Texture Handpiece. It is similar to a System 3 but it made for texturing and hammering. It uses threads tools that fit the Foredom. This is a discontinued model but the operation instructions are available online.
HERE
Hope that helps.

Ninja

Thank you very much!

Thank you for your attention!
Special thanks for the great contribution FEGAREX !!!
I am very happy!