URGENT! State level Ivory Bans are pending

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
From an email I received from David Warther:

URGENT! State level Ivory Bans are pending, and you need to contact your legislators right away!

California, Washington, Iowa, Virginia and Connecticut are all introducing bills to ban the sale of ivory at the state level. Modeled after laws the Humane Society and Wildlife Conservation Society pushed through in New York and New Jersey, these laws are over broad and hurt African elephant populations. They do not comply with exemptions in the Endangered Species Act, and they needlessly strip value of innumerable collectible items containing ivory, hurting owners and businesses alike. Hearings are scheduled in Washington State beginning tomorrow, so if you are from Washington, you have no time to waste!

Adding insult to injury, the Ivory Bans also ban ivory from mammoths - a species that has been extinct for 10,000 years!

Contact your state legislators to keep your state from introducing this kind of devastating bill. If you live in one of the states mentioned above, be sure to send a letter customized for that state based on the TALKING POINTS to the right of the model letter.

To use the Model Letter and get easy access to your state officials, go to the following link which will walk you through the process on our website, ElephantProtection.org

Take Action

You can learn more about the specifics of each of these bills by visiting our website, ElephantProtection.org

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i did so a couple days ago. we are all affected by this, one way or another. sitting on your hands gets nothin done.

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
I have contacted state and federal reps several times. Today I spoke with a local rep for VA and
am amazed at the miss information that has been presented to them. Of course all of this info is from
“experts”. One that I love is that is impossible to tell elephant and mammoth ivory apart. I gave him several references that do show the facts.

Last edited:

Takoyaki

Hi,

too bad, such laws are not going to help any elephant nor mammoth or mastodon ...!

regards
Tako

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes ! i too, am quite concerned about the mammoths. why the hell doesn't the legislators do something to bring the species back ? the forum isn't for politics, so i'll shut up !

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
yes ! i too, am quite concerned about the mammoths. why the hell doesn't the legislators do something to bring the species back ? the forum isn't for politics, so i'll shut up !

This will make a black market for elephant ivory, drive the price of ivory up sky high, and cause the killing of MANY more elephants. The morons can't fathom their unintended consequences. It's sad. They think they are helping but all they end up being is a big PITA.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
TAMU is working on a Mastodon clone ! Once the tissue is viable, they expect the tusks to be harvest able size within 80 years . :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors