New workbench!

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Finally got around to building an actual workbench, no more plastic folding table! No wobble from this sturdy bench. Probably won't ever look this good again after I cover it with the tools and all. New ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421635157.327857.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421635183.987616.jpg and old. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421635203.814274.jpg

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Side note. The two holes are driller for my vice bracket I also made. Will post pictures of it after the finish coat sits 24 hours and everything can go onto the bench.

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, nice bench. Now to assemble the proper amount of clutter. Have fun! Looks like a fair start in your tool box.

scott99

Last edited:

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Jesse, you did a beautiful job on the bench. I built a bench similar to yours for, 4 of my shotgun reloaders. I put wood between the 4 by 4 legs to keep them from warping. You should do that too. There called stretchers. As those 4 by 4's dry they will go where they want. I'm thinking you will end up with a drill press for you vise. So you really don't need the cut out on the top.

Todd

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Jesse, you did a beautiful job on the bench. I built a bench similar to yours for, 4 of my shotgun reloaders. I put wood between the 4 by 4 legs to keep them from warping. You should do that too. There called stretchers. As those 4 by 4's dry they will go where they want. I'm thinking you will end up with a drill press for you vise. So you really don't need the cut out on the top.

Todd

I will certainly add the stretchers, I just ran out of lumber. Easy add on next weekend when I've freed up some more time. Thanks!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a beauty of a bench. i have a lot of junk and clutter-- since you're a forum member, i will sell it to you cheap ! your bench looks better than my dining room table.

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
a beauty of a bench. i have a lot of junk and clutter-- since you're a forum member, i will sell it to you cheap ! your bench looks better than my dining room table.

Thanks monk, but I think I've got plenty of junk and clutter to keep be busy for a while... I'll keep the offer in mind though.

Sponsors