Question: Who is going to Vegas for FEGA next week?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you so much, Roger, Doc, and Lee, and Sam W... who emailed me a PM,

For your good wishes. Wish I could get immediately better and get that other Scots engineer from Star Trek to beam me straight over to Vegas next weekend. Sam W, I sure would like to hear your hand built guitar with those new strings. I know that fine singer/picker/engraver Dean is driving to FEGA from Idaho, cause he phoned me today. Perhaps, if Barry works his magic and gets a session going in the Exec Suite, or anywhere, Katherine Plumer and Chris Norman can set up an iChat on their phones, and I could drop in on y'all, virtually, and push a song or two down the pipe for Lee, and sing one with you, Roger?

I know you will all have a great show.

best

Rod

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll be there arriving on Wednesday too. Rod, I'm so sorry to hear you won't be with us. I'll be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery!

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,
Judy & I will certainly miss you. You brought so much to our annual event and there will be a void that can't be filled, try as we might.
As Doc suggested, I also will tip (more) than a few single malts in your honor. See you next year Rod.

James Wark

I will be there, first time displaying. Leaving Wednesday afternoon and getting very excited about it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Jim Wark

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm gonna make another one myself. Not really sure how many this is but I think this is #34? Looking forward to it!!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As a point of information for those of you who are flying and are a first timer..........Don't take a taxi cab from the airport to the hotel. There are shuttle vans that service all the different hotels. Purchase a round trip ticket outside where the shuttles are. It is the cheapest easiest way to get back and forth.
CYA there and have a safe trip. Looking like I might hit a bit of snow tomorrow morning when I head out.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It just occurred to me to mention that anyone who has a copy of any of my books and would like to get it signed, bring it to FEGA with you. I don't have a table but I'm not hard to find. Just leave a message for me at the FEGA tables or at the Blue Book tables in the other room.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most men wear a jacket and tie to the banquet, not necessarily a suit. Some of the guys from out West wear a bolo tie. It's not too formal. No tux or ball gowns.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another question. I've never been to Vegas before. Wondering what kind of clothing to pack. Are the temperatures warm enough this time of year for shorts, etc.?

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Weather Underground shows high temps in the lower 60's, lows upper 30's (night) & lower 40's Thursday & Friday ; higher temps through the weekend. It's not really hot during the day and gets chilly at night. Suggest warm jacket for prowling the strip at night (like the Monday night walkabout). Temps trend into low 70's with lows in low 50's. Your weather site may vary.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just read the post and now I'm sorrier then ever that I won't be there. Sunday night. I'm at the bench working and I'm sure everyone is having a wonderful time. Sorry I can't play Vegas tour guide this year. Hoist one for me and I'll miss you all. I look forward to hearing the stories. Can't wait till next year. I'm already planning.
Layne

DanOBolick

I wish to thank all the FEGA engravers I met this weekend. Thank you for the help and advice you all gave me. I am only starting to learn but I was treated with kindness and respect from people with amazing skills. I hope one day I can share with others wanting to learn the art of engraving.

Latest posts

Sponsors