Question: Visiting London

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
I will be in London visiting my sister Feb 14-19th. I've never been so are there any "must see" recommendations for an engraver visiting that area? My sister has some evening plans for us but will be working most days and I'll be left up to my own devices. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice offered, is appreciated.:tiphat:

Try the V&A (Victoria and Albert museum), that's really worth a visit. Some great work in there. The crown Jewels at the tower of London is interesting also if you've never been. Could also visit Hatton Garden. So many places depending on what you want to see.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been to London many times and have only scratched the surface of wonderful things to see. I second the idea of going to the V&A. It is easy for someone like us to spend all day in there. I have walked between H&H, Boss, William & Son, Purdey's, and William Evans gun shops but it is a pretty good walk. Plan on taking the tube if you are going more than a few blocks. The traffic on the streets is tremendous. I also like military history so the National Army Museum and the Imperial War Museum were great. Lots of great antique arms at the Wallace Collection.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Tis a big place & takes years to investigate properly & even then that's just the surface..try & find decent guide book & do abit of homework upfront..most of all enjoy your trip.:)