Anyone know who this engraver may be?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
The only one I think of with M.R. would be Marty Rabeno,beautiful gold inlays. J.J.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i recall that "signature look" for sure. seen it a few times over the years here. it does appear to be his work. that is,unless i have confused marty with someone else.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah thats me. Did this gun many years ago and has always been one of my favorites. Wish inhad the money to buy it for myself as a present
Marty

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I bought Marty Rabeno's Gravermeister off of him in the early 80's, if he might remember. It still works fine. Marty told me he was going back to hammer & chisel, at that time. Glad I made the purchase. Thanks, Marty! Oh, the Colt is much better than 'excellent'!

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
I would love to see this pistol but the link won't load for me. any chance someone can post the photos on here thanks. zz

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all the kind comments on this gun.
Looking back in my records, i engraved this gun back in 1985. If I recall properly it didnt end up as originally planned. There was supposed to be rather extensive cut engraving alongside the gold inlays. When I did the inlays, I looked at the gun and told the customer we should leave well enough alone and not do any extra engraving as the gun just looked clean and finished as is. Fortunately he agreed. So I suppose the moral of the story here is do your drawing layouts before you engrave BUT>>>>>>>>>>>> dont be afraid to look while you work and change things for the better as you go along. Things always look different on paper than on the real gun. It also helps to get lucky

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As fate would have it, I bought the colt back for myself. I will have it at my table in Vegas next week. When the wife says you have to buy it...........who am I to argue. Just a lot of good memories assiciated with that particular piece and the friend who commissioned it way back when

Sponsors