Handy applicator for transfer wax touchups

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
spongit_sticks.jpg

I use transfer wax for all of my layout work. One thing I like about it is that it's easy to make corrections by touching my waxed fingertip to the part of the design I want to change and then redraw. What I don't like is that if it's a really small area my fingertip sometimes obliterates part of the design I don't want to change.

Solution: Foam tip Spongit Sticks by Loew Cornell. I stumbled on them in the artist section at Hobby Lobby and they work great for dabbing a tiny bit of wax just where you want it. Just touch the tip to the wax and then apply to your work for pinpoint accuracy. If you use transfer wax you should give these a try. I bought the smallest size they had.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Now THAT should make the stickey list !
Thanks Sam for solving one of life's (of an engraver's) most frustrating situations!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Sam!

I like drawing on Transfer Wax better because the image is a bit more durable. It will still smudge / wipe off if your finger drags, but not nearly as easily as with modeling clay.

But I usually use modeling clay because it's so easy to make corrections / adjustments. You just take a small piece and form a little point you can use to wipe away the bad line.

I'll have to look for these - if I can get the ability to correct on Transfer Wax then I'll be able to make more use of it.

Latest posts

Sponsors