Help, please: Getting comforatble at the bench.

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, It looks like you have the Aeron model. Congrats, it's a great chair. The Mirra is an improvement over the Aeron. They have a newer model called the Mirra 2. The Mirra and the Mirra 2 adjust for everything you can imagine including seat depth and length. Mine should be here this afternoon. I'll report back later.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam, It looks like you have the Aeron model. Congrats, it's a great chair. The Mirra is an improvement over the Aeron. They have a newer model called the Mirra 2. The Mirra and the Mirra 2 adjust for everything you can imagine including seat depth and length. Mine should be here this afternoon. I'll report back later.

Yes, keep me posted! Little did I know that day that'd I'd become a chair snob. The Mirra sure sounds good with the addition adjustments :thumbsup:

bench_chair.jpg

This has been a really good engraving chair for several years. It's got a fabric seat and back and has good adjustments. I got it at Office Depot and I believe I paid $169 for it. I don't see the exact one there now, but there are other models with the 3-lever adjustment feature. I can say that I have zero complaints with this one.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Does no one else see the other problems with this "saddle seat"?

Think bench pan/tray/drawer - and how it will interfere with the position of an engraving block between your legs...

I couldn't even get up close enough to my soldering bench with something like this!

B.

Sam

Staff member
Looks good. Are you going to leave the arms on? I took them off the chairs I use at my benches. They always seemed to be in the way.

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, on the Mirra chairs you just pull a lever and adjust the arm height or they retract all the way down. That's a big plus for me. I play guitar and the arms get in the way normally.
Todd

Sam

Staff member
Oh yeah, I think mine go down on my Aeron chair as well. Forgot about that! You'll never want another chair, that's for sure. I've had my used one going on 8 years and it's just a beautifully engineered piece of gear and as comfortable as I could want, and the Mirra looks even better.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't bother with the saddle seat. I got a similar one a few years ago and my crotch kept going dead....like riding a Harley 'cross country! I relegated it to a dedicated chair at my sharpening station, which is used for a very short time.

Bill

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh yeah, I think mine go down on my Aeron chair as well. Forgot about that! You'll never want another chair, that's for sure. I've had my used one going on 8 years and it's just a beautifully engineered piece of gear and as comfortable as I could want, and the Mirra looks even better.

The arms (and everything else) adjusts on the Aeron chair. That's why they say they are "highly adjustable". My butt and low back has been loving mine since 2009. The professional sitter's choice as far as I'm concerned. I originally heard about them from my son who is a Verizon engineer... he does his share of sitting too. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors