money clip

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn, nice design. It looks like your solder got away from you a bit on the initials,can you clean it up?? I have had that happen to me plenty, not fun to fix but ..............

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think what Dave means when he says to clean it up he means to remove the excess solder. One must be vigilant with the use of solder. Too little and the joint will be weak. Too much and you have turned a prince into a frog.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Come on guys... at this point, you don't go back and redo the entire job...

I am even more persnickety about solder joints than both of you put together.

But it happens. If yer gonna do any real "fixin'" it has to be done BEFORE you reach this stage. (unless your time doesn't matter and you've a coupla hours to pee away)

Leave it alone now. All that matters is that the customer is happy - and my bet is that he will be.

Shawn has plenty of jobs ahead of him to tune up his soldering technique... and my next bet is that he will.

Brian

(found a word that slips by the censor! :) )

Last edited:

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
I still have my first sculpted buffalo skull concho that I trashed out.
I was paying attention to the skull and not the horns.
It's a grim reminder . :beatup:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Well Dave... from this day forward, just for the benefit of you and Leonard... (and perhaps Shawn, if he didn't "get it" either?)

I will ad a little explanation saying whether whatever I just wrote was meant seriously, tongue in cheek or an outright joke.

I know you guys often have a hard time distinguishing the difference.

For example - this one whould have been in the "tongue in cheek" category - not to be taken seriously.

Shawn gets ragged on enough that I thought he might find it amusing that someone would let him slide.

Guess not?

B.

"I know you guys often have a hard time distinguishing the difference." This would be an outright joke - for those who aren't sure...

Or would it be "tongue in cheek"? Either way, it ain't serious!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors