1 of 2

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
This is the first one of two rifles, carved and inlaid with gold and platinum. The design is inspired by the Mozarabic style of the Alhambra.
The photos are not very good, sorry. IMG_0013.jpg alh calotte 2.jpg alh culasse arriere.jpg alh pontet.jpg alh culasse.jpg alh culasse verrou.jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
OMG that's amazing! Alain, you have really taken engraving in a fresh, new direction with this. Absolutely fabulous work!

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Magnificent work Alain and thank you for showing it to us. It is always such a pleasure to see your work. Looks to me like it may have taken almost as long to lay out as to cut. Wow!!

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for your comments.
Thank you Sam,
I like to explore new possibilities and I had the opportunity to imagine a decoration in that style which is unusual on a gun.
Arabic style is mainly abstract and geometrical and I have thought that it was well suited to this type of rifle.
These two rifles are built by Hartmann and Weiss for a Sheik of Arabia , this one should be displayed ( in the white) at their booth at the Las Vegas SCI show .

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
Hello the other Sam ,
indeed it was a complex design and it took a long time , a long work also to cut and to inlay.
I have an apprentice, Valerian Henrotte, a clever guy who helped me a lot on this.
It was more than one year of work for the two rifles and not yet completely finished! many different parts, all decorated, and the barrels too! )

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Absolutely outstanding, and many, many more complimentary remarks. Really love it!

Congratulations to you and your apprentice. :)

Jo

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well folks..... That's about as good as it gets!!!
Alain.... Awesome & inspiring as always!!

Now... Take a break, Go play the fiddle & unwind your mind!

Weldon

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you for your comments.
Thank you Sam,
I like to explore new possibilities and I had the opportunity to imagine a decoration in that style which is unusual on a gun.
Arabic style is mainly abstract and geometrical and I have thought that it was well suited to this type of rifle.
These two rifles are built by Hartmann and Weiss for a Sheik of Arabia , this one should be displayed ( in the white) at their booth at the Las Vegas SCI show .

Great! I'll get to see them! Will you be at SCI next year?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Alain,

I have already used every word I know to describe the beauty of your previous creations. I am out of words, only feelings left.

Roger

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not just magnificent, but "Jaw-dropping" magnificent.
Very well designed....and so clean.
In the (paraphrased) words of our friend Winston Churchill," Some of the best engraving in the world is being done today."
Bravo Alain

Last edited:

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks again!

I will not travel to Las Vegas this year, maybe in 2016, I hope.

Weldon I believe that you are right, I deserve a little rest , drinking a good glass of Burgundy wine and playing some tunes on the fiddle

I was going to forget: Happy New Year !

Latest posts

Sponsors