Maestro

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just got my new maestro today, for those of you not too familiar with this handpiece it will save your hand from cramping up when you're stippling and I'm going to use it for gold inlay also. You hold it in a more natural position as if you were holding a pen, I used one of these some time ago when I visited Gerry. I fell in love with it and I'm finally getting mine.

What I like is not only did I get colets I got a calet holder and two rubber o-rings that fit on the bottom end of the handpiece that makes it easier to hold

Saludos,
Carlos

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The Maestro EX is my main stippling handpiece. Lots of power and the grip is really comfortable. I'd say I can stipple up to 50% faster with this handpiece.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos;
Looks like Santa was good to you this year. Congrats on your new equipment acquisition. Just wondering how the Maestro differs from the hand piece on my old Gravermeister. It certainly has a more attractive and contoured appearance.The meister one has a fat straight pencil shape, air hose comes in from the end though.
Cheers
Don
ps; Wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to all you engravers.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member

This is what I use in my Maestro EX, and it's great for really precise stippling. You might find the point a bit fragile and I've shortened it a micro amount to put a stronger taper on it. Anything will work, but I like the thinness of it as it's easy to maneuver it tight places and you can see around it so well.

mrthe

I have asked this handpiece to Santa Claus but no luck this year hehehe maybe the next one !

mrthe

thank you Brian , but i was talking about the Mestro Handpiece but if this method work too to make a Maestro i will try hahaha

ahenson

I have used the Maestro EX handpiece almost exclusively for the last year or two. I love it. I have a custom thumb / finger attachment to use the Airtact, so I actuate with my thumb while engraving (holding the handpiece like a baseball bat or golf club, if that makes sense) and with my first finger (holding the handpiece upright like a pen) for stippling.

I have arthritis in both hands and this setup feels the most natural and comfortable to me. I used the palm-controlled 901 for Airtact with a custom "pistol grip" type handle of Thermo-Loc for several years (engraving only off and on when I had time) before I switched.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mrthe: i'm a personal friend of santa. he said you were a bad boy the past year. he also said if you're good in 2015, he may reconsider.

mrthe

Hahaha Monk yes my "Santa" say me that i was not too good, and that i have too much handpieces to gift me another one hehehe , maybe next year with luck!

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paolo,

looks like your a handpiece junkie.....is there an anonymous group you can join to help you?

Saludos,
Carlos

Latest posts

Sponsors