Newbie - Hi yall

D Fulwood

Busters  rabbit hunt.jpg
I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and thank all of you for all the great info yall have been kind enough to share here.

I am Donnie Fulwood of Macon, Georgia, USA. I have been scratching on Ivory, bone, and horn for about 30 years or so as a hobby. I retired last year and the six kids are all gone now so I finally have the time to seriously commit to trying it in metal. My other long time hobbies include blacksmithing, knifesmithing, and building rifles. I have engraved (crudely) only a couple of my own flintlocks and knives. I look forward to learning to do it the right way with help from you fellas. If I can help anyone with scrimshaw or blacksmith questions I'll give it my best shot.
SHIP.JPG

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Donnie;
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking scrim, those skill should be a real asset as you attempt metal engraving. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more of your work (or is it play?)
Cheers
Don

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Donnie,Welcome to the Engraver's Cafe,like to see your rifles.You'll learn some good engraving tips here so stay tuned in.:thumbsup: J.J.

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
Mr Fulwood, hello great looking work and welcome from a fellow bladesmith who is trying to learn some engraving! question do you make your own sheaths also?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. i like your ship & whale very much. check the beginners posting and by all means, start poking about the tips section. take notes. you'll be a master in no time at all ! we look forward to seeing more of your scrim, and also your engraving progress.

D Fulwood

Thanks guys.

Yeah, It must be play Don. 'Cause it has never paid. My wife says I can make anything except money.

Sanch, I have made a few sheaths but I'm not much of a leather worker. Most of my stuff has been for the buckskinning crowd who like it "primitive" anyway. Good thing.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome to the forum, your scrim looks great and I think you will do well. I like to scratch on a flintlock every now and then myself.

Latest posts

Sponsors