Question: Review/feedback-Inexpensive Carbide Gravers

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Funny!!, I have just received my carbide blanks, I have to start sharpening now, thanks to Carlos also for being kind enough to help me get them, thanks mate, :thumbsup:

Richard.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ok so I had to revive this thread as it was very useful to me as a "newbie" in many ways the only "caution" I will give to other newbs is that you need to sharpen carbide with a diamond hone and wear a particulate mask I am currently using the 1/8" round micro grain with H & C and in my hand piece I as of now like to have a 50 degree face and prefer a 90 degree angle graver with parallel heels set at 15 degrees and a relieving angle of 10 degrees.. Carlos thanks again for the info and the "challenge"

Sanch,

Thank you for accepting the challenge to find an old post and revive it, as you can see you have just helped yourself (in your quest for search master) and have helped others as Todd has seen a thread he had missed.

Now who can step up and accept the challenge to revive an old post that has or will help you, in turn helping others.....

Todd are you up for the challenge?

Richard,

Almost a month for delivery talk about snail mail, but glad you got them brother, Enjoy!

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I had to do that much work to make a 3/32" square I would just buy them from GRS. too bad they don't make them in 3/32 square.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I had to do that much work to make a 3/32" square I would just buy them from GRS. too bad they don't make them in 3/32 square.
Your not making them square....did you watch the whole video, the index line really, literally takes less than a minute.

But your probabaly speaking to Dan.

Saludos,
Carlos

Latest posts

Sponsors