has anyone ordered from here?

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And it ain't Amazon, it's the private sellers who put 'em on Amazon.

B.

But, Amazon will make it right or make them make it right. It's part of their A to Z guarantee. I also love the Amazon Prime membership... it's so much more than fast free two-day shipping on everything. They are even delivering things within an hour now in some cities. My son lives near Ft. Worth, TX. He can order in the morning and have it by the time he gets home. :)

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
tried to order through the webpage and looked like I had all I needed for around $55 shipped then when I went to check out the page said it did not support my country !!! really?...too bad cause I have set up my Leather edge burnisher machine on a rheostat to "tone" the 1750rpm speed down it looks promising if not still a little fast...everything else needed I could machine (arbor) meh! there's always fleabay!

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
I bought some of the diamond laps from this place. http://richontools.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_9

It has been several years ago and I bought them for sharpening my woodcarving chisels and knives but the price even with shipping was cheap. The when I started messing with engraving I started to use them for also sharpening the gravers.

looks promising, still need a master lap...the one they have doesn't have a way to secure the laps themselves hmmm?

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
arbor and power hone are not a problem I have both a drill press and a motor set up (leather brunisher/vertical shaft) the burnisher spins kinda fast though...

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
For discs and all things abrasive try this site kingsleynorth.com

My brother has been cutting and polishing stones for many decades and swears they have the best prices.

Brant

sanch

Elite Cafe Member
When it come to abrasives I'd sure listen to someone named EMERY!
we'll see what happens and how long it takes to happen. the laps at Kingsleys are $22 each I ordered 4 for $35...who knows what will come the old sayings come to mind? hmmm we'll see if I get what I paid for or if good things come to those who wait?!!!

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One time I bought from China diamond disks, unfortunately the life for them was very short. So, it was last time when I ordered chip tools. Of course, I can not say that all tools are very bad, sometimes happened you can have very good and not expensive tools, however it is a big risk. Up to you. Just my two cents.