Infrared rays marker

I was fitted with an infrared rays marker for center in microscope work.
Wow!  Dramatically Center has become more visible.

But laser is handling attention!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a beam of coherent light. all waves moving in the same plane. generated by a low powered laser.
laser is an acronym for light amplification stimulated emission radiation. a laser such as here operates in the milliwatt range of power, which is not a lot of energy. even though the power level is low, the nature of the coherent beam is such that it could damage ones' eye.

>monk

Thank you for advice.
Since the laser beam is dangerous, I do not see the infrared while looking through the microscope.
Infrared is not a Steady.

Last edited:

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
One of my drill presses has a gizmo on it like that. I use a laser pointer that a friend gave me clamped perminantly above my vise.
Todd

>zahar

This is to visually easy to see the center of the rotation axis of Engraving block.
It is also said monk in lower comment,
should not be looking at the infrared with a microscope.
It is necessary to always avoid lighting.

zahar

Elite Cafe Member
Akihiro Nishizawa, if not difficult still photos, I can not understand whence comes the light.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nishizawa: the visible light you see is not infrared. it is light waves in the range of human vision, simply a tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. the unique feature of a laser is the fact that all the light waves are made to vibrate in the same plane, rather than scattering. the laser at your scope would only be a potential danger if you were to look directly into the beam. this beam partially scatters when reflecting off a surface, the potential for eye damage is immediately diminished.
you simply center the area you wish to engrave, with the naked eye. the area should be at your laser spot. once the area is centered, then you use the scope to do your actual work. you can turn the laser off while engraving-- such will save the battery power.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors