Transfers in a pinch with any transparency film.

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Got caught tonight with TW's product but no good transparency film.

Printed on Highland 901 and the shiny side of the Staples brand transparencies. Neither of these were working solutions in the past because of smudging. I print on an Envy 110, and the ink just rests on top of the film.

Took the films down to the workshop and hit them with the heat gun. Found that right before the point that the film almost begins to distort the heat seems to affix the ink to the film. I used 850 degrees, but it's on a Harbor Freight heat gun so there's no telling what the actual heat might be.

Anyway, Wall-la! Successful transfer media.

Seems to work best if I print multiple images and test as I heat by sacrificing one to the process by running a finger across as everything is heated. If it smudges easily, it's not "done" yet, sorta like making soup. Once it take a little effort to smudge, ready to serve.

Bob

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
th.jpg HP Envy 110, uses #60 cartridges, will print with just the black cartridge in. Terrible printer, don't recommend it to anyone - my wife likes it because it looks unlike a usual printer and is "cute".

J.Powell

I've had success using the inkjet printer ink on transparency film. print on glossy side, let sit for about five minutes. apply film to engraving surface, lightly rub to promote transfer, lightly mist object with aerosol hairspray. let dry or use hair drier or heat gun to dry hairspray...done

Latest posts

Sponsors