Newb in NE Ohio looking to learn

Tertius81

Hello and thank you everyone for all of the tremendous information you share on this forum. My pumpkin carving led to lass etching, then to brass instrument engraving, and now, I'm hoping to expand my abilities into gun engraving as well. While I have found a wealth of knowledge and offerings online, I seem to live in an area of the state where either very few people engrave, or they certainly don't make light of it. Classes and workshops also seem to be out of state, or held once every 2 years.
I am most definitely a social/kinesthetic learner and would love to find a local engraver who would be interested in an apprentice. To find a place locally to even try out some of the different brands would be a godsend as I hate to purchase a tool I haven't put my hands on.
Until then, I shall be scouring your reserves and collective knowledge. :)

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
tertius,Carl Bleile North Bend OH gives engraving lessons give him a call 513-941-3448.Good Luck. J.J.

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
You just missed an engraving class at the log cabin shop in Lodi, Ohio. Michael Lea is the instructor.
I live in Vermilion, Ohio. There are a lot of great engravers around the state.

Todd

Tertius81

Todd, I was actually at the Log Cabin Shop that Saturday and peeked in for a moment. They said it would be two years before they hosted another class though. Ideally I would love to find someone local I can apprentice with and truly explore the craft, but a workshop down south seems to be the most viable option thus far. Thank you everyone.

Sponsors