Carpes Koi on Titanium

kof

Hello everyone.
This is my last work of engraving, you tell me what you think.
I have a question concerning external shading. For example, for the waves, making an external shading, it highlights the wave, it gives him relief. But I did not know how to do these shadows. Is what I should do or perpendicular lines then define a direction and stick to it?
I started with fine lines, so I continued like that. But in the end I told myself that I should be doing the shade with points.
I searched the internet for examples, but I have not found.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
And good day to all.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a very well executed design. to my eye, the shading in the waves should just go in the direction the water is moving. to do shadowing of the waves would be quite tricky to do. the wave shadow would still be moving water, and i'd think not easily done to complete the illusion.
as an oil painter, i found difficulty in creating transparency in water, and good flow along with the pesky reflections.in translating painting to an engraving, i would simply have used a rippling effect in the water, and not the complex wave structure you have used here. i must say it is very nice what you have done here.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes. it not only looks much better, but the wave are less confusing to my eye. on your first post, i thought you would leave it plain. the color just makes it rock !

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very beautiful. Thanks for posting the in progress pictures - your projects have been very interesting!

Latest posts

Sponsors