Merry Christmas to me

Edward Soye

Some dirtbags decided to drive a truck through my workshop and ransack everything. My shiny new gravermach, Nsk spindle, laserwelder, workbench and all my handtools scattered throughout my shop destruction.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if such would happen to me, i'd be devastated. i hope you get over the shock of this before too long. also , hopefully, you major toys aren't beyond use. hope the gendarmes catch the buzzards. good luck on the restoration.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Fortunately, misfortune like this has never come my way. IF I was home during such an event, Cafe members would probably read about it in the local rag, and maybe see it on the 6PM news. . .have no idea of how much time I'd be serving. By the way, tire prints can be helpful, as well as other trace evidence. Has this been considered? Good luck, and maybe someone will open their mouth. Helps to know some good snitches, too, like I did when on the job. I hope for good luck to come your way. . .keep us posted!

Edward Soye

Local police did a walk through, video cameras should see everything outside the building, they have hit several local shops in the last year three in the last few weeks. Stolen truck and wearing hat and such so police cannot get them. The police didn't think it was going to yield any results for fingerprints. I expect there will not be any results.
Good thing is I only have about eight projects left for this week.

They got a bath in rhodium plating solution 500ml sulphuric acid bottle exploded on impact and the GRS gravermach not turning on, big dents. Laserwelder moved about seven feet and jolted up, have not turned it on waiting till tomorrow. My scope is smashed up but usable until insurance okay's a replacement.

ndallyn

That's awful. Hope your insurance covers everything you need!

My granddad used to tell me that you never know who people really are until things go bad. Then you see the best and the worst in yourself and everyone else - some of my bad times have proved that to me. So I hope you come out of this better than you were before. I don't know what I can do to help, but I have a small mill and a lathe and a heat treat oven - if you need something made pm me. All the best, and a sincere Merry Christmas anyway.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When you figure out what was taken start whit pawn shops first cops will just type up some crap and that will be then end of their involvement. Our My wife 's office was robbed three time in one week. We lived fifteen miles out in the country. alarms going off. Alarm company called me and police. I got dressed, got a pistol and made it to her building all three times before the cops showed up. once I had done the walk through with the hand gun and was putting away when they got there. the police station is three blocks away. I could hear my sirens as I drove by the police station. cops are worthless for anything more than giving people tickets for no seatbelt. Never knew an honest one and have friends on various police departments. Have told them the same thing. Fred

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is without a doubt the worst news I have heard in a long time. Hope the acid burns out the evil in the perp and he gets a new, more helpful life and makes his wrongs right.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Edward my tools are pretty primitive compared to yours but if you need anything let me know and I will send it up on Greyhound.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's nice to see what a great group of engravers we have on the forum. Thank you to all who have offered assistance. This is great to see, and makes the story a little brighter for me at least.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
cops are worthless for anything more than giving people tickets for no seatbelt.

I've known plenty of good honest people in law enforcement having known many of them through Freemasonry. But, yes... cops are pretty much worthless for crime prevention and mainly are good for writing down what happened. Also, the sidearm they are wearing is mainly for THEIR protection. So, it's better to have your own personal protection device. :)

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a Gravermach 8 (no hand push capability without adding airtrac, Power hone, 901 hand piece, 250, and 600 and 1200 grit wheels, lots of push gravers happy to lend. Let me know and see what I can send up. 229 349 4680 -Fred

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, That reminds me of a funny story. I was foreman of a cabinet shop in Salt Lake City back in 69. We had a break in where a bunch of tools were stolen. We knew who did it but of course couldn't prove it. The display portion of the shop was an A frame building with the designer on the second floor. On the first floor around the wall were display doors leaning against the wall. Behind one of the displays was a whole in the wall about two feet square. We had a coke machine pushed up against the whole. I think it was duct work at one time. Anyway the office was broken into and the doors move then the coke machine was pushed out of the way. A lot of hand and portable power tools were missing along with the shop apron of the foreman before me and his personal tools.

Well I got the bright Idea to go up to the Honda dealer's and record their viscous attach Dobermans. I set up a reel to reel tape player with an extra home made wheel about six feet up the wall and run the dogs on a loop. No windows in the shop. If you went up to the building you would just hear these dogs inside raising the devil. Seemed to work, stayed there a year and never had another break-in.

Now up at he Honda dealers another story. Someone went up to the fence and apparently distracted these killer dogs while a partner cut a big whole in the fence then warped themselves in the wire. When the dogs came around that side of the lot they found the big whole and the guy inside the fence. The dogs got bored and ran off down the street. This is on State Street in Murray (Salt Lake Suburb) a major through-a-fair and two doors from the police station. Now when a patrol car notice this four dog pack running down the street he knew where they belonged. He drove up and the idiots were using the fork lift to load created new motor cycles into the dealers truck. Fred.

Latest posts

Sponsors