Microscope? - Bausch Lomb SZ4 vs Meija EMZ-5 (old vs new)

davefr

Hi everyone. I'm not an engraver but do a lot of Microscopic work at around 5-15X and this forums seems to have a lot of Microscope experience.

Here's my question. How would an older Bausch and Lomb Stereozoom 4 compare optically with some of the new top shelf new units like a Meiji EMZ-5 or Leica A60? (assuming the B&L SZ4 is perfect optically).

Are the old units from the "good list" (referenced here) "better", "about the same" or "worse" then the new higher stereo microscopes assuming the old ones are in great condition?

TIA

mrthe

B&l sz4 are nice scopes, if in good shape make the job and the optics are really good, i haven't try the Leica A-60 but i assume that is better reading the reviews of some folks here expecually for the great depth of field .
Meiji maybe is not good than the Leica, but well the question is see what you need for your work, if you are searching for a good scope with good optics to work all the day with..... and cheap,B&l sz4 is a good scope but like all the used equipments have to be in great shape, well aligned and clean.
If you have problems on budget i will go directly to a Leica a-60 maybe.

Latest posts

Sponsors