Another Silver Pendant

Jim Kibler

Here is another silver Pendant Katherine and I have made. We call it "Baroque Big Owl". It's interesting in that this was originally a thumb piece on a flintlock fowling piece produced by John Cookson of London around 1700. This original thumb piece along with all the other hardware was chiseled from iron. You can see some shots of the gun here:
http://www.jimkibler.net/originals/#/cookson/
I've long admired the strong baroque flavor of English and Continental firearms from this period. This chiseling on this example is pretty extraordinary.

Anyways, we thought it would make nice pendant, so we cast it in silver.

Katherine and I have come up with four or five designs we feel are pretty nice and have some merit. We would like to attempt to sell some, but are unsure of the best tact for such an enterprise. So any suggestions would be really appreciated. My main focus is building flintlock firearms. I understand the market and never have an issue selling anything I make. Jewelry is something new...

Thanks again,
Jim and Katherine

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got a little shop on Etsy - it's probably not the best place but it's pretty good. Way saturated for jewelry but I don't worry about that. If you can get your customers to your shop, they'll buy. Finding your customers and getting there is]/b] the tricky part, of course. I liken it to pushing a square wheeled cart. Takes a lot of work to get it going.

Latest posts

Sponsors