Spam?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm getting a bunch of bounced emails from someone either sending email or PMs from the forum, and they appear to be spam. Is anyone seeing these?

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not getting any,but it is the time of the year when spamming hoards do their thing till after the first of the year.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I picked up a bot about two weeks ago while viewing the forum. It was disguised as a Microsoft update.

LGB

Watch for these little Trojans: Powelik and Ad Clicker I use a Verizon Air card and before I caught on to what was happening my system had run up a large bill over 3 times the normal amount. We are Rv'ers and move around like the birds in the winter. The email had a letter that liked real, but I think it had the bugs. It took several day to clear the problem and a $405 bill was a shock.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I discovered that some $@#%&* was using the "Send email to friends" form, which was on Blogs and other places, to send SPAM emails to people. The ones that couldn't be delivered bounced back to my forum email account.

I have disabled the Blog feature as hardly anyone used it anyway, and killed the "Send email to friends" form as well.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've had to get my IT people to help reboot my computer several times due to resetting my protocols, coming from "redirected" websites. Don't know where they came from or who did it. I also had to reset my Facebook password because of an attempted log-in from Australia. Crazy world out there!

Bill