Critique Request Bike Air Cleaner

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi,
Please critique me so I can improve on my drawing design and my cutting skill.:thinking:
Thank you.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I like the design. BUT that is wayyyyyy to detailed for a bike part. You could cut the detail down by half and enlarge the scrollwork by 25% and be right in the sweetspot. Your bike is meant to be viewed at 5-10 feet away.

But like I said I do like your design and work...

Donny

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the input. I'm planning to have the bike on a show. You guys right, it took wayyy too much time just to do an air cleaner.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On the other hand, as a gun engraver, I like seeing gun engraving on a bike! make them get close to appreciate it. (I'll bet that did take some time, though!!!)

Dirtdigger

I cant give you any critique (sorry about that) since i´m total beginner, but i love your work!
Would love to see a picture of the bike too that this aircleaner is fitted!

D-boy

First thing that popped in my mind was "Damn" that took a long time to engrave.....

That said, i dig it. Maybe to much detail for a bike part, but i would like to see the whole bike.

No problems with the overall design. Ik like what you did with it. But also im a novice so i like a lot of different designs.

Enjoy your work

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
it's very likable as far as design goes. as donny mentioned, i'm not convinced the design might find favor with the biker crowd. i'd see the design more effective if a bit more bold in size and detail. but you must please the client first, forget everybody else. if this is what the person wanted, then you did a great job.

mcengraving

I'm looking to get into engraving bike parts also. I'm completely green and have no idea how to use half the equipment I've purchased. I have a graversmith and 901 handpiece. What kind of gravers did you use for that? Also what do I need to get the deep cuts for primary/rocker box engraving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
for me, like most engravers- various sized flats, rounds, and squares. if you absolutely must go deep-- you can go over a cut line more than once. trying to hog out with a graver in one pass just don't get it for me. multiple passes rule. take a close look at some of this work-- is it really deep ? or are your eyes telling you it's deep ?

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Much better!!! Even if it might be too much detail for what it is, be glad you went down that road. Cutting time is invaluable as teacher. I like the balance of the design and amount of coverage.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
What really impresses me are some of the flared out leaves.
Everyone, myself included, tries to accomplish this with mediocre results, but you have come the closest.
Overall a really great piece !
Now, on to the tank !

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you guys! Your input are very encouraging to me! I will post the picture of the whole bike when I finish the engraving. This is a pic of my bike I built
[/URL][/IMG] that I'm trying to do a bunch of engraving on it.

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
What really impresses me are some of the flared out leaves.
Everyone, myself included, tries to accomplish this with mediocre results, but you have come the closest.
Overall a really great piece !
Now, on to the tank !
Thank you sir. What do you mean by flared out leaves??? sorry, I'm a newbie

Latest posts

Sponsors