Help on this project?

bdext002

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get a bit of help on a job that has nothing to do with hand engraving. However, it does involve a folding knife (a cheap one). I am an advisor for a youth fraternity called DeMolay. Every 6 months the young men in the Chapter elect a new leader from amongst their peers into office and that leader is given a gavel to run the meetings (which is used often).

The young man going into office next has an affinity for knives. I thought it might be cool to grab a flip stiletto and turn it into a flip gavel.

My idea is to remove the blade and replace it with a solid piece of steel that has a collet at the end (where the point of the blade would be) where I can place a gavel head. The head would stick out while closed as well.

Does anyone know a knife maker or blacksmith that would be able to fashion a piece of steel to the required specifications? I can provide measurements when needed and I'll attach pictures below.

Thank you!

Bryce

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You might try knifenetwork.com go to the forum section and you will find a group dedicated to this style knife. Who knows maybe some has a failure to pass along. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors