Teaser in shibuichi

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
I can't quite let the cat out of the bag yet but here is a view of a new piece. Carved shibuichi (50% copper/50%silver) with inlaid darker shibuichi feather and gold needles.
mystery.jpg

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
realy amazing :)
i like the color of the darker shibuichi wat silver/copper % is that ? looks like shakudo for me.
chris

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, the feather inlay is a soldered unit of two pieces; of 25% and 30% silver. The higher silver bit shows as a shadow at the tip of the feather where it goes under the water. This illusion is further enhanced by the different finish/polish on the engraved main part of the feather and the unengraved, polished tip. It will be clearer in photos I'll post when it is finished.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Oh thx for explaining I do some Mokume Gane since 2 Years. I found your Hp maybe 1 1/2 years ago and tried to do a carving like your Owl. I made a raven in shibuichi on an reticulated sterling moon. That was the first try on engraving / carving I ever did. It was a present for my 10 years old son. He loved it but he lost it some time ago. Thanks again to inspire me to go the engravers path.
Chris

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tease-Looks like a work of art. After you introduced me to the Metal Brush I'm getting less sleep, But thanks to you I have seen some amazing work. Fred

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
like most, if not all the work you have shown on the forum, looking at this is like taking a dose of tranquility. some art is chaotic, yours always seems to convey a positive, good feeling. will this be an object that will be used, such as in jewelry ? or maybe used in some other fashion ? either way, it is quite nice to look at.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
can't wait to see the finished product! it has a lovely art nouveau line to it...

Sponsors