Greg Pauline

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I hope I am wrong but I think Greg passed away. He was a very talented man.

Darren

Elite Cafe Member
What have you heard? Any details? I would really like to know, Greg and I worked together back in 85/86
and where good friends.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Darren I don't know any details. Brian Marshall has his ear to the ground.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
What the hell are you doin' up at this hour Leonard?

It's 2:30 in the morning! You don't have the daylight wasting time thing goin' on up there?

I don't know much either... Two or three others have been trying to get hold of someone in the family.

Without success. Hearing directly from someone closer is the only way we're ever gonna know anything solid.

Brian

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was tricked by the time change. Dammit. 4.5 hrs sleep so I am good. It is snowing right now heavily.
So Brian, why are you still up?

claxton

From what Greg posted on facebook awhile back he had cancer and was being treated. From the posts on his Facebook last week he pass away.

Mike D

Greg was a good man. He was always bright, very charismatic and easy to talk to.

I know he often contributed to this forum and made acquaintances here, sharing knowledge and pictures of his work.

Greg was diagnosed with diabetes about 14 years ago. More recently, he has been battling cancer for about 5 or 6 months. About two weeks ago a mass developed in his chest that ended up being pneumonia. He passed away the morning of Oct. 28th. He was only in his 50's, and It's still a shock that he is gone. We will miss him greatly.

My connection to Greg is that I'm his friend and engraving/silversmithing student, knowing him for 23 years. I live in the same town as Greg did.

I'll post more info if anything new comes to light about Greg. Also I can do my best to answer any questions if needed.

-Mike D.

Andrew Biggs

Greg went by the handle "Cowboy-Silversmith"

Always a pleasure to talk with on the forum and he made some fine contributions. He had a real sparkle in his eye.............I'm very sorry to hear the bad news of his passing.

Mike D....If you could pass on our condolences to his family from his Engravers Cafe friends it would be much appreciated thank you.

Cheers
Andrew

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the update Mike D. It's up to you now to carry on his style of engraving.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear of Greg's passing. Thanks to Andrew for putting his name with his forum user name Cowboy Silversmith.
Condolences to his friends and family.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the reply Mike. The surgery I was thinking about was done in mid September.
Sorry Sam, I just assumed people knew Greg by his real name.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
He will be missed.

He was always helpful and informative. One of the most visited sections of my simple little homepage is the tutorial on how to make a sterling money clip where I just repeated what he told me, with added pictures. Just had an order for one last month and was glad to still have his instruction handy.

Latest posts

Sponsors