Hand vac hack

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I put a large diameter straw into a glob of Thermo-Loc, wrapped it in a piece thin plastic shopping bag to prevent it from sticking to the vac, and pressed it into the nozzle and let it harden. I can now suck all the chips out of my engraving vise. :happyvise: :thumbsup:

hand_vac_hack-1.jpg

hand_vac_hack-2.jpg

hand_vac_hack-3.jpg

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
wuss. i just use the straw and spit out the chips. i figure whatever iron i might swallow is good for me.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I am SOOOOOO writing this hint down!!! Clean vise. Got it!!!

A clean vise is a :happy vise:

Donny

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
my own thermoloc fix-it: a couple years ago the handle on my dryer door cracked and a new replacement part was $70(!), so i drilled it thru and installed a stainless 10-32 screw & nut. however, as you can see in the photos, the face of the handle has a complex angle that would have left the screw head unsupported and sure to cause future problems. i molded a washer/bushing out of thermoloc and everything's been hunky-dory since. i suppose if you were the sort who routinely wrecked your clothes by baking them on high heat every cycle the screw might get warm enough to soften the plastic, but since we don't do that it's worked like a charm.

Attachments

• DSCN2034.jpeg
    DSCN2034.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN2035.jpeg
    DSCN2035.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 246

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thermoloc is a great product. I have used it to patch a horses hoof when shoeing for a show or to fix cracks since I bought my first batch. works great if you under cut a bit with your hoof knife it will hold a nail. Fred